Antique Victorian Stourbridge Vaseline Glass Ribbed Applique Opalescent Jug
Antique Victorian Stourbridge Vaseline Glass Applique Floral Jack in Pulpit Jug. This stunning hand blown applique jug a fabulous example of Victorian Vaseline Glass.
Created in the late 19th Century in Stourbridge England, probably by Stevens and Williams, though other makers in the Stourbridge area such as Thomas Webb were making similar pieces. Pieces like these can be hard to pin down as along with the British makers, Bohemia companies like Harrach were creating near indentical pieces especially for the British market. This particular piece features a fantastic ribbed white opalescent & pink satin glass with applied Vaseline glass leafy vine trailing around it's middle and continuing to create the handle.
When under UV light the trailing vine and handle glow green. Its ethereal glow, beautiful hand moulded and applied pink glass flowers and bulbous almost heart shape with jack in the pulpit rim make for an impressive piece of Victorian glassware and will make a striking statement addition to any collection or display. Condition is'Used' - Unfortunately one petal has chipped off on the bottom flower and there is a small loss to the very end of the trailing vine. Also the Vaseline/Uranium glow is more faint than it would have been. Sometimes it does fade over time.
21cm tall, 14.5cm in length and 10.5cm wide at widest point. Base is just over 6.5cm wide and the rim is 8.5cm from front to back and 9.5cm wide. The useable opening is 4.5cm wide. This item is in the category "Pottery, Ceramics & Glass\Decorative Pottery, Ceramics & Glass\Vases". The seller is "theoldgingercat" and is located in this country: GB.
This item can be shipped to United Kingdom.
- Origin: English
- Antique: Yes
- Signed By: .
- Custom Bundle: Yes
- MPN: .
- Year Manufactured: 1880
- Item Length: 14.5cm
- Additional Parts Required: Yes
- Colour: Pink
- Vintage: Yes
- Original/Licensed Reproduction: Original
- Item Height: 21.5cm
- Style: Victorian
- Features: Date-Lined, Decorative, Vaseline Glass, Uranium Glass, Jack in the Pulpit Rim, Pink Applique Flowers, Clear Vaseline Glass Leaves and Branch & Handle, Satin Pink to Opalescent Clear Ribbed Cased Glass, Hand Blown Glass
- Production Style: Vaseline
- Finish: Glossy
- Handmade: Yes
- Item Width: 10.5cm
- Pattern: Ribbed
- Signed: No
- Bundle Description: .
- Material: Glass
- Subject: Abstract Art
- Brand: Stevens & Willliams
- Type: Vase
- Era: Victorian (1837-1900)
- Packaging: .
- Model: Applique Vaseline Glass Jack in the Pulpit Jug
- Theme: Abstract, Art, English, Floral & Garden, Periods & Styles, Vaseline Glass, UV Sensitive Glass, Uranium Glass, Victorian, Antique, Glowing, Luminous, Early 20th Century, Late 19th Century, British, British Glassmaking, Glass Blowing, Stourbridge, 19th Century Glassmaking, Pink, Applique, Jack in the Pulpit, Stevens & Williams, Satin Glass, Opalescent Glass
- Time Period Manufactured: 1850-1899
- Production Technique: Hand Blown Glass
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United Kingdom
- Backstamp: .
- Product Line: Stourbridge Makers Applique Vaseline Glass Jack in the Pulpit